Wednesday, April 15, 2009

TCAP review week

I am so sick of reviewing for TCAP that I decided to post again! So, I have some major concepts I've been reviewing this week and I was just wondering if any of you can answer these questions. I mean, for some reason it is really important for 8 and 9 year old to know the answers to these....so let's see if adults know the answers...

1. What are the four types of sentences?

2. What is an article in speech?

3. What are the four types of clouds and what kind of weather will you see with each type?

4. What are the 3 main types of rocks and how are each formed?

5. What is the process called where plants make their own food?

6. What are all nine planets starting with the closest to the sun?

Now, if 8 and 9 year olds are suppose to know this, you need to know this! Can you answer these?

**Ok, so I've posted three on the blog this week, does this make up for me not blogging for almost a year?

4 comments:

The Meguiar Family said...

uhhh, no 3 posts does not make up for a year...keep going!

Here are my guesses to your questions:
1. run-on, question, statement, ...
2. ???
3. cumulus, fluffy, white, rain
4. round, hard, gray
5. photosynthesis
6. Mars, Pluto, Earth, Uranus, Jupiter, Venus, Neptune, Saturn...i know i'm missing one, and i know they're not in the right order.

So what's my TCAP score?

Elicia said...

Very impressive Brigid!! I know nothing! So sad... Will you teach me?!?!

kacyd said...

OK, I am so just guessing here, and just to let you know I very much just wanted to google the answers and look smart, but then I thought that wouldn't be very honest!! Anyway, here goes:

1.demonstratvie, question, statement, ?
2.the, a, an (didn't know if you wanted examples or definition, or even if that's what you're talking about!)
3. the only two I could think of were cumulus and cirrus.
4. no clue - i think i missed the day we studied rocks.
5.photosynthesis
6.mercury, venus, earth, mars, jupiter, neptune, saturn, uranus, pluto (but didn't they say pluto isn't a planet anymore?)

The McGregor Clan said...

Elicia and I are in the same boat. i suck!!! But I do agree with Brigid, 3 posts does not make up for a year. you do not get a pass just yet...