Sunday, January 9, 2011

Red Robin fiasco!



Yesterday we went to see "Yogi Bear" with Ava. We are trying to have some special "Ava" time before Alexandria is here. Our families joined us for the movie, including Alana (Ava's sweet cousin!), my dad, and my father and mother in law. It was fun! Ava loved the movie and ate a ton of popcorn, like me. I just can't get enough of movie popcorn.





After the movie, we all went to Red Robin where John, Janna, and baby James met us. We had a great dinner. The big Red Robin came out to greet us and Ava was extremely excited! Alana was a little freaked out as some children are of big characters. We enjoyed the wonderful campfire sauce with our fries and good company. At the end of the meal, our sweet servers and the manager brought me and dessert and present for my upcoming arrival. It was so nice of them! I haven't had a lot of "special" things for this baby, so it made me feel really happy for me and for Alexandria. I got a huge piece of icecream cake, which I shared with Alana and Ava and others at the table.


The whole night was wonderful until we walked outside...

Alana walked down the sidewalk away from Ava and turned around to realize she hadn't said good bye. Very similiar to a slow motion scene in a movie, Ava and Alana ran to each other with arms wide open to say good bye to each other. (we all find this so sweet, but now we will be more careful) With the heavy winter coats the girls had on and with the strong force, they hugged hard and fell hard to the ground. They both hit their heads very hard on the concrete! They were screaming crying after that. We got Ava in the car and tried calming her down, while John and Janna got Alana in the car and took her and James home. When we got Ava in the car, she couldn't calm down, she was literally hysterically crying and got so worked up, she threw up all the chocolate icecream she had just eaten.



My mother in law ran in the restaurant to get towels and I tried helping Paul clean Ava up with baby wipes. (BAD IDEA!)


I got one smell of the throw up and lost it!!! I started to dry heave thinking that's all it would be. Well, let me just be honest...I ate too much popcorn at the movies, fries, and then the dessert. It all came up. I threw up so much right in front of Red Robin. My father in law helped me to the side of the restaurant so I wouldn't be seen by customers as much. I continued to throw up non-stop. Then, my dad came over and rubbed my back and asked if I was ok. I was laughing the whole time because of the craziness of the evening! It was like a scene from a movie! My dad and father in law weren't sure what to do about me, but I think they felt better when I started laughing. I haven't thrown up that much in over a year when I had a stomach bug.

The evening was really great until the craziness in the Red Robin parking lot!

2 comments:

Elicia said...

This story makes me CRACK up!! It's such a "Morel" family moment!! I love it! I love your sense of humor too. Lauging while you're getting sick! I can just picture the whole event. LOL!!

Lucas, Em, Landon, and Lucy said...

=)