Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Joys of the last month of pregnancy...



So, I don't want to complain...but I have about 2 1/2 weeks until my c-section and I am miserable. My back is killing me after working all day and my feet are so swollen. My 90 year old grandmother's (grandma stigall) feet resemble my own right now. Paul even said last night that I should get compression socks. ( I was/am making fun of myself, so it's ok for other's to do the same right now.) I'm not very sensitive about my swelling now, because I think it's just par for the course. I was very swollen at the end with Ava, too.


Here's proof:





Yes, I am being very candid here, and it must be part of my pregnancy to just be vunerable and say crazy things, but my feet are like elephant feet and I can't wait until I can see the bones and veins in my feet again! It will be a happy day!


Ava even notices my differences...she asked me the other day, "Why do your legs have fur on them?" It's the funniest, but most embarrassing she's ever said to me. I realized when she said it that it had been a long while since my legs had seen a razor...I better get to that before Alexandria comes...


Ava is getting so excited about having a sister. She talks about her all the time! I think she'll be a great help. Here's one of our angels, and soon we'll have two!



I am nervous about the transition that this is going to be for our family, but I know we will be strong and trust in our God to help us through. I worry about Ava's behavior and wonder if a new baby will help or hurt Ava's behavior. Either way, I know God is preparing us now and will guide us through whatever comes our way.

2 comments:

Elicia said...

I love that little angel! She looks so pretty in that outfit. Sorry aboout your swollen feet too. =( I hated that. You know you have lots of friends ready to help out when she gets here! Can't wait!

It's funny that my word verification below is "scare". HAHAHA!

Lucas, Em, Landon, and Lucy said...

Don't know if I should say publicly.....the week before my 6 week check-up I looked at my legs! UMMMM I sent Luke a text and said " WHY didn't anyone remind me to shave in the last 5 weeks?!?!" Don't feel bad, I'm sure mine were WAY worse!
elicia--my word verification has WAXED at the end =)