Sunday, June 28, 2009

Lindi's wedding!

Ok, so most of you know that Ava was the flower girl in my best friend, Lindi's wedding, and I was the matron of honor. It was in Kansas City. I flew up the Wednesday before the wedding to help Lindi and her mom with wedding stuff. It was fun, but stressful. I am SO glad I never have to be a bride again! I loved my wedding, but I was stressed! So, Wednesday night we hung out at an awesome restaurant called "Blue Koi" in Kansas City. We got China Moon to eat, of course, because it's the best thing on the menu. Then we went over to on of the other Bride's maid's houses to learn the "lip sync" for the wedding. Now, I have never, ever heard of doing this, but aparently it's the new thing to do at weddings...Lindi sings a song to Nate while we dance behind her. Then Nate sings a song to Lindi while the groom's men dance behind it. It was fun learning it that night, but all of us bride's maids were nervous. (it actually turned out really cute, though). Well, Thursday night was Lindi's Bachalorette Party. We ate at Elephant Bar and then went to sing some kareoke! It was so fun!!! The next day we did wedding stuff, had the rehearsal (which I cried during), then the rehersal dinner. I gave a speech at the rehearsal dinner, which was awesome if you don't mind me bragging. I even got people to laugh because I was witty. I'm usually goofy, but I made some witty comments. It was great!! (paul taped it if you ever want to see it!) THen the day of the wedding went very smoothly. Ava walked down the aisle and my mom got her at the end of the aisle since she wouldn't stand still. Lindi was a dashing bride, of course. I cried the whole wedding, but they were tears of joy, don't worry! There was one really funny thing that happened during the wedding-Lindi and Nate couldn't get the unity candle lit. They tried and tried, but couldn't get it, so they just left it.

The dinner after was great and the dancing was a blast! Ava took the dance floor like a super star, everyone loved watching her steal the show!


All in all, it was a great time! Lindi is a very dear friend to me. I never had a sister, but she was like my sister. I have known her since I was four and we share a very special bond. Her getting married felt like my sister was growing up. It was a big deal for me! I am so incredibly happy for Lindi and Nate!!

The Bach. Party....


Rehearsal...Ava and the ring bearer, Joel...






The wedding dance and the lip sync...




Prepare yourself for more post soon...=)

1 comment:

The McGregor Clan said...

I would like to see the video of ya'll lip singing and your toast. i love the last picture of Ava. She's such a doll.